This is a good recipe for those who like something a little different.
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (40.5 oz) can refried beans
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8-10 oz) rib eye steaks
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
Heat 2 tbsp oil in large skillet. Cook onion and garlic until tender. Stir in beans. Simmer for 10 minutes. Keep warm.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in saucepan. Cook jalapeno until just tender. Add stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Heat until warmed through.
Combine cumin, salt and pepper; rub into steaks on both sides. Grill or broil to desired doneness.
To serve: On each plate, dollop beans, place steak on beans and drizzle sauce over steak. Sprinkle with cilantro.