Apricot Glazed Turkey .
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage or 1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 large onions (about 2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 6 ounces shallots (about 6 large), thinly sliced
- 1 21- to 22-pound turkey
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can (or more) low-salt chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can (about) low-salt chicken broth
For Glaze: Combine all ingredients in heavy small saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened and reduced to 1 1/4 cups, about 15 minutes.
For Herb Butter: Blend all ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
For Onion Mixture: Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and shallots and salt. From Bon Appetit.